Monday, March 6, 2023

Talking Like Pirates!

 Greetings! Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I enjoyed my weekend as I got to meet and hold my nephew. I loved every minute I was with him! 

In Religion class, we talked about how Jesus healed both the body and soul of the paralyzed man by first forgiving his sins. We talked about how priests, through God, forgive our sins today. 

We began a new week of learning in Language Arts; this week we will be reading about how we can sort and classify things. We began by learning five new oral vocabulary words (distinguish, classify, entire, startled, and organize). We then worked on making predictions as we read the classic "Goldilocks and the Three Bears". After that, we learned how to blend and read r-controlled -ar words which had us talking like pirates. Following that, we learned our new sight words and vocabulary words. Finally, we put everything together as we read A Barn Full of Hats

This afternoon we talked about how we can join sentences using the words and, but, or. We are also working on making a pirate holding r-controlled -ar words. 

In Math class, we learned how to add three one-digit numbers. We pick two numbers to add first and then add the third number. Tomorrow we will switch gears and begin learning subtraction. 

Have a great night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment